As a Group we are committed to high standards of governance that are consistent with regulatory expectations and evolving best practices. We consider climate action as one of our key priorities. To reflect this strong commitment, climate-related risks and opportunities are integrated into our governance structure.
- The Board, through the NCGC2 and Risk Committee, oversees the implementation of the Group’s ESG and climate strategy. In order to adequately assess climate risks and opportunities, the Board draws on expertise both internally and externally.
- NCGC2 provides oversight to the Group’s ESG and climate strategy aimed at achieving present and future economic prosperity, environmental integrity, climate stability and social equity for the Group and its stakeholders.
- Risk Committee identifies, assesses, controls and monitors financial / economic risks and non-financial risks (including operational, technological, tax, legal, reputational, and compliance, and ESG including climate-related & environmental risks (C&E)) which the Group faces in cooperation with the responsible Board Committees.
- EXCO recommends to NCGC2 all ESG and climate related matters and policies (excluding ESG and climate risks matters and policies) for approval.
- ESG and climate risks related policies and matters are discussed in Sustainability Committee and submitted by Risk Management Function directly to Risk Committee for approval, also notifying EXCO.
- Sustainability Committee reports to EXCO.
- ECCC4 undertakes consultancy role to the NCGC2 when required.